The rooms are being modernized and well appointed. ... What an amazing day May 12, 2017, we can't find enough words to thank Katlyn and the Grand Hotel. It's a beautiful venue, both inside, as well as outside, with the breathtaking views of the Atlantic ocean from the 5th floor ballroom. Prices are calculated as of 07/12/2020 based on a check-in date of 20/12/2020. Other venues are WAY overpriced. I would recommend The Grand Hotel to anyone and cannot imagine having a wedding anywhere else or with anyone other than Katlyn and Danielle. All the help was great! -Dinner service took a little longer than expected, so cake cutting happened later than planned and then we found out that even though cake was served to everyone, it was also taken away before the end of the night (as if the staff was in a hurry to get done and be out of there the minute our wedding was over). uld recommend everyone to look into The Grand if you are looking for a beach wedding! We had our ceremony on the beach across the street and had the reception up stairs in the 5... Katlyn, the wedding coordinator at the Grand Hotel, is beyond amazing! Wedding of our dreams is an understatement!!! We offer a variety of lodging accommodations just steps away from our powdery white sandy shore complimented with an array of creature comforts, guest amenities and genuinely friendly professional service. It is America’s oldest seaside resort and one of the best-kept secrets on the East Coast. s breathtaking, no matter what the weather is. The Grand Hotel is a dream venue for a wedding. Their event coordi... My husband and I could not have chosen a more perfect venue for our wedding. I am a planner in my every day life and The Grand made wedding planning fun and easy. he was kind, outgoing, and helped us every step in the decision making. We found a reasonable rate for midweek the week before Memorial Day. Katlyn did an amazing job on everything. The sundeck was the perfect location for a beachfront wedding. My husband and I were especially impressed with how well Katlyn and her team took care of us on our wedding day. PROS I was only able to correspond over email and phone but everything turned out exactly as I had envisioned it. The staff immediately made us feel at home. Katlyn was there every step of the way and kept me organized and calm. It is about a 15 minute walk to Washington street. Katlyn is the best event planner I have ever worked with. The food was fantastic and the presentation was great. On the day of the wedding I had nothing to worry about or do because their staff took care of everything!! Their overall rating is 4.9 out of 5 with the following breakdown: 4.9 in quality of service, 4.9 in average response time, 4.9 in flexibility, 4.9 in professionalism and 4.8 in value. The ladies in charge of weddings... We used The Grand's large ballroom on the 5th floor. The woman that my mother and I worked with for a bulk of the planning was not there the day before or the day of my wedding. The room was very relaxing with the colors, cleanliness and bedding, etc. The coffee bar was not worth the additional $9.00 per person as people were not that into it. Working with Katlyn was like working with a friend. I felt like Cinderella on the day of the ball. My guests couldn't stop raving about the ballroom -- the elegance with such an amazing view!!! There is so much to do before and after the wedding. Katyln is with you every step of the way, including the 50 email questions I probably sent her over the 16 months of planning. Discover our paradise of an unhurried beachside lifestyle anytime of the year. Thank you! She was patient (I can be annoying), she was thorough (I can get ove... We just had our wedding here in June, and it turned out to be exactly what we had wanted. Lastly, the event staff was extremely professional and helped to oversee the details of the reception so we could sit back and enjoy our night. I needed assistance with linens and Katlyn's idea was right on and made our day so much better. Since it is such a popular weekend, we only ended up getting 15 rooms blocked off. I think it’s every girl’s dream to have a perfect, stress-free wedding. My The bartenders were so fun and personable, that our guests are still talking about them! We had full control of all our choices, and where I did not want to spend time or money, the Grand Hotel w... Katlyn and Liz made the planning process a breeze! Katlyn & Liz made sure that my wedding was beyond perfect. I have never planned a wedding and or helped anyone so I felt I was doing it blinded. - My ceremony was on the gorgeous sundeck looking out onto the ocean. The day before the wedding up to the end of the reception, they were there to help us decorate using the items that we brought with us, provide lots of enthusiasm and moral support regarding the weather issues, nerves and orchestrate the wedding rehearsal and the actual ceremony! ttable. Our guests still rave about how much they loved the food and how beautiful the location was. The room size was a little stuffy for our ~40 people but we survived- probably because we did not have a dance floor. The food was exceptional! There were special beers and wines important to us, and Katlyn coordinated with the bar manager to make sure we enjoyed our favorite drinks on our wedding day. Katlyn goes above and beyond delivering excellent service and an unforgettable wedding experience from the initial meeting to the time you cut your cake at the end of the night! Then we met everyone at a restaurant down the street for Saturday night. That was a disappointment, but I also fault the DJ a little bit for not letting people know that cake was at their tables It was our favorite day! I would have liked to have gotten up early that day to at least supervise the decorating, but I was unable to becauase it was done so late in the day. Thank you to the grand for making our wedding memorable or only for us but for our guests as well. As for the hotel itself, we could not have had more of an accommodating situation!! That is not the case with The Grand Hotel. Katlyn allowed me to create the look I wanted and the Grand embellished it. ❤️. Sit back, relax and let us design your wedding in Grand style! It’s very spacious, with gorgeous views to boot! Can’t thank them enough. Katelyn the wedding coordinator had the patience of a saint and listened to every detail through out the entire planning process. There was a mix up with the bar charging people for their drinks during cocktail hour but after we noticed the problem, we were able to resolve the issue and get the money back to hand it back to those who purchased their own drinks. See 1,713 traveler reviews, 506 candid photos, and great deals for The Grand Hotel, ranked #20 of 37 hotels in Cape May and rated 4 of 5 at Tripadvisor. The food was delicious- I’m a maryland girl, so I was a little picky about my crab cakes but katlyn embraced it and they were great! She has a solid trusted vendor list. She keeps you on track and makes sure you have everything set to have a stress free experience the day of. We were lucky enough to have incredible weather the day of which made for fantastic pictures of our ceremony on the sundeck, but with the inside of the venue looking as incredible as it was I think it would have been beautiful to have the ceremony inside as well. The food was delicious, and everything was extremely organized. From the early pl... My husband and I live in Colorado, and planned our entire wedding from across the country. There were only a couple things that weren't perfect and worth pointing out: From the first meeting to the last dance- Katlyn was there to ensure every detail was in place! We offer a variety of lodging accommodations just steps away from our powdery white sandy shore complimented with an array of creature comforts, guest amenities and genuinely friendly professional service. to review my response. The staff was very accommodating and the facilities are beautiful. We were able to get a renovated ocean side room with a balcony and breakfast. We will definitely be back at the Grand. More importantly, Katlyn executes. She took care of everything!! nator Katlyn is very knowledgeable and is a huge asset during the planning process. Overall, I would recommend the Grand Hotel and would choose them again if I had to. Everyone loved the food, the view and the staff. People raved about the mashed potato bar at our cocktail hour. - The venue is also a hotel with reasonable prices. She made sure our day was absolutely perfect to the last detail. The Grand Ballroom is on the top floor of the hotel, with 3 sides of the room looking out on to the Ocean! Comfortable accommodations. Review tags are currently only available for English language reviews. The views are the best. Every question we had, she answered right away. The day of both Katlyn and Danielle are on top of everything. Some of our guests are even talking about making it a yearly trip for our anniversary. See 1,721 traveler reviews, 516 candid photos, and great deals for The Grand Hotel, ranked #20 of 37 hotels in Cape May … ch less stressful than what I had thought it was going to be. The food was amazing!! Her support lasted all the way through the big day. Katlyn was amazing. Our guests loved the Grand ballroom and its breathtaking views and couldn't get enough of the wonderful food! My guests were so impressed that I keep getting emails, texts, and posts about my day. Every meal came out fresh and hot! The ballroom is amazing with views of the beach from every window that surrounds the ballroom. The Penthouse Ballroom was absol... We were married July 3, and Katlyn and Liz are truly the best! John was extremely offensive by mocking my intelligence and common sense, which was beyond distasteful and bothersome. n), but Katlyn, their wedding planner, was exceptional in making sure everything was exactly what we wanted (actually, it went beyond our expectations!). It was like a fairy god mother with all the answers. It far exceeded our expectations. The event staff was incredibly helpful and attentive, the food was amazing! At our tasting we really couldn’t believe how delicious everything tasted and the day of was just as good! or the planning process and with her team helped to make it the best day of our lives. http://www.grandhotelcapemay.com/response.php Read the latest reviews for The Grand Hotel Cape May in Cape May, NJ on WeddingWire. Browse Venue prices, photos and 78 reviews, with a rating of 4.9 out of 5. Choosing Katlyn by way of The Grand Hotel was one of the best wedding-related decisions we made. We booked The Grand site unseen and couldn't be happier with our selection. It’s clean and beautiful! I'm not sure if it was a result of the hotel changing something or the guests, or whoever did the decorating, but it was not visually appealing and looked kind of messy. The food was amazing and people are still talking about how much fun they had and how nice everything was. Well, these are true pros at The Grand. Learn more about wedding venues in Cape May on The Knot. We had our ceremony outside on the beach and it couldn't of been any better! And our guests could not be happier with our food. Her prompt responses, her willingness to work with you on all your requests, and making sure everything went smoothly, I cannot thank her enough!! It was DELICIOUS. The Grand Hotel was a great selection for our wedding day. I had my wedding at The Grand Hotel, from the very day I met with Katyln, we knew this was the place for us. She collected all of our vendor info and executed the entire day flawlessly! She never told me “ I don’t know”- she had an answer for everything and was quick to problem solve! My husband & I got married at the Grand in May. swered our questions quickly and was so easy to get in contact with. Browse Venue prices, photos and 78 reviews, with a rating of 4.9 out of 5. Katlyn was always available (in any capacity) when we needed her which made our day the best that it could be and all that I had envisioned. This was our first time at the Grand having stayed previously at other Cape May resorts. I got married about two weeks ago and my family and friends are still telling me how great the food was. The salmon and prime rib were particularly delicious. We also offered a c breakfast to our guests the morning after the wedding. I didn't even expect her to be there but she was and she took time to talk to us. We looked at 6 venues in Cape May before we met with the best wedding coordinator, Katlyn Mogavero. cocktail room, we knew this was the right place for us to get married. Katlyn will make sure your day is everything you hope it will be and so much more. amazing and fun to work with) everything was made easy for us. th floor penthouse ballroom. The day of my wedding, I didn't ahve to worry about anything, they took care of everything. This is truly a dream location for a wedding. - The reservation system did not work online, so our guests had to call and wait a decent amount of time on the phone. All I can say is The Grand Hotel in Cape May, NJ is not just a great get away location but, it is the best place to hold a meeting, event, and especially a Wedding Reception. called the front desk and it was resolved in 15 minutes. I would highly recommend this place if you would like a beach wedding and work with great people! Overall, Katlyn was a pleasure to work with. The wedding was beautiful and the food was delicious (and there was plenty of food!). She really helped us plan our dream wedding and make everything we wanted possible. Our day was perfect! Katlyn and her team did everything they could to make it the ceremony we had envisioned and it was amazing. The food was absolutely AMAZING and the atmosphere was even better. From AU$180 per night on Tripadvisor: The Grand Hotel, Cape May. They did, however, break down the centerpieces, etc., and rebox them for us at the end us the night- even bringing them to our suite along with all of our gifts. The big windows in the cocktail room looking at the ocean can make you feel like you’re on a cruise ship. Room was clean and comfortable, paid extra for the ocean view and semi-private balcony which was well worth it. My ultimate advice is to not trust a single word that comes out of Katlyn's mouth, and make sure to review every word in the written contract as they will try to take advantage of you and your guest and rip you off. Both her knowledge and experience... We had our wedding 9/22/18 on the sundeck along with cocktail hour, this was all arranged beautifully by Katlyn and her staff. We would 100% recommend this venue to anyone searching for the perfect spot to host their dream beach wedding!! The chef, has immense talent, for example on our tasting day the chef created an unplanned vegetarian dish for us to try to accommodate our guests with dietary restrictions; we were completely blown away. ue and pick it with confidence, the rest of the details can be very fun. of the hotel!! From the moment I met Katlyn (the grand’s coordinator and possibly the sweetest woman ever) and saw that beautiful 5th floor... We wanted an intimate but special wedding on the beach, and the wedding planner and staff of this hotel really made our dreams come true. You will NOT be disappointed! The service was outstanding. Our guests liked having the option of just grabbing a quick breakfast/lunch/dinner/drink so close. They really made sure that the day was exactly how we had imagined. I would highly recommend!! We are so happy that we chose The Grand Hotel for our wedding, and we would recommend this spot for anyone with a beachy wedding in mind! We were not allowed into the room to do decorating until (what I thought was) the last minute- three hours before the ceremony. I couldn't recommend this venue and its amazing team enough for anyone looking for a beautiful Cape May wedding! This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC. Cape May is the best and The Grand Hotel is the best venue. The Grand is a beautiful place to get married and Katlyn and her team are excellent to work with. The view is absolutely breathtaking and the bar is gorgeous. I would recommend the Grand to anyone who was envisioning their fairy tale wedding. She has a huge list. Book The Grand Hotel, Cape May on Tripadvisor: See 1,715 traveler reviews, 506 candid photos, and great deals for The Grand Hotel, ranked #20 of 37 hotels in Cape May and rated 4 of 5 at Tripadvisor. 10 minutes into talking to Katlyn, we had no doubt. Staff very attentive and Hemingway's a nice spot for a nightcap. Katlyn was even prepared with add-on items, that accentuated some of my accents (she prepared a basket for people to leave their shoes in as they walked on the beach for the ceremony). The entire staff was extremely attentive and the venue was gorgeous. Continue your visit to www.tripadvisor.com, Ask Mariaangelinarose about The Grand Hotel, Friendly and responsive staff, right by the beach, Hotels with Complimentary Breakfast in Cape May, Hotels near (PHL) Philadelphia Intl Airport, Hotels near (ACY) Atlantic City Intl Airport. Featured. The food was delicious, and the reception ballroom has the most incredible view in Cape May! Our guests enjoyed every aspect starting with the ceremony on the sundeck, to the cocktail hour drinks and hors d'oeuvres, all the way to the delicious dinner and dancing. The planning was a breeze, Katlyn and Liz are very organized and didn't miss a thing. Even with some rain Kaitlyn made sure we had the most beautiful and stress free wedding day ever! For example, she was very flexible for us, when my Mom and I decided to go down to pick out fabric colors on for the linens and chairs. Katlyn was the biggest help in planning for my wedding. The food was incredible and so were all the people that worked at the hotel. Our guests couldn't stop raving about the excellent steak and salmon for dinner and the incredible apps for cocktails hour! Up to 300 Guests $$ – Affordable. It would have been nice if they had some tables and rocking chairs with umbrellas since the sun deck gets full sun all day. The food was something off of an episode on the food network. They were nothing but accommodating, and Katlyn treated us SO well. After speaking with Katlyn for just a few minutes, I knew I was in good hands. We were extremely fortunate that the weather cleared and we were able to do the outdoor ceremony on the sun deck. She has all the expert advice. The Grand Hotel of Cape May is dedicated to recreating the grandeur of a by-gone era while providing all of the modern … I got married here in August and it was just perfect. As we live ab... My husband I recently got married on the beach in front of The Grand Hotel in September and had our reception in the penthouse suite. We got married in the Penthouse room on the 5th floor overlooking the ocean and the view was amazin... We chose the Grand Hotel of Cape May because of the big bar, amazing view, and most of all their wedding coordinator Katlyn. Katlyn and the general manager, John Allison, attempted to take advantage of my fiancé and I and our guests by manipulating terms of the contract in their favor in order to increase their monetary compensation. The 5th floor ballroom venue has views that can't be beat!!! I recommend this place to anyone that want... My husband and I can't say enough about great our wedding was at the Grand Hotel in Cape May, NJ! She made us feel at ease throughout the whole wedding planning process! The Oceanfront Grand Hotel of Victorian Cape May is one of the largest Resort and Convention Centers along the Jersey Cape. more. ganized and incredibly responsive! he event supervisors and the reservation desk. The Grand Hotel not only has a perfect ocean front view, a beautiful pent house ballroom and amazing food but also incredible service. Chairs seemed to blow around and people did not stay outside for very long to enjoy their cocktails and most of the finger foods went untouched. The Grand Hotel Cape May is recommended by 97% of couples who have used their services. Also the hotel offers normal size towels if you visit their pool but they do not lend towels if you head to the beach. The Grand was our favorite out of all the venues my husband and I looked at. The staff were kind and helpful and the room was gorgeous! Would not change a thing. Grand Hotel of Cape May. Guests did not have to go onto the sand (although that is an option if you want it), and the ballroom was just an elevator ride away. We loved the whole package deal: with food, drink, and venue covered in one cost, it required fewer details for us to manage – definitely a good thing, considering everything else that needs attending to. I really can't say enough great things about this place - they helped make my wedding day PERFECT!! are still raving about the experience. They offered an unbeatable price for our guests. Also Katlyn, the wedding planner, welcomed us with open arms right when we met her! Once we delivered the bags to the front desk, many were not handed out to our guests, resulting in a waste of bags and money spent of the gifts inside the bags. Frank & Marci Cheesman want to say thanks for making our day the best day ever!! cess and made sure we didn't miss a thing. I highly recommend having a hospitality room, especially if many guests are from out of town. Beautiful and amazing place to get married and Katlyn and the Grand Hotel can accommodate everyone, from Groups... I ever heard `` no '' to any of my requests no matter how.... Room with a friend for life after speaking with Katlyn and the food was phenomenal views breath! Thanks for making our day was everything that my experience with the most beautiful and had... So you have the indoor pool and a nice touch at the Grand skeptical because other... Working out the reservation problems what Katlyn had an answer for everything!! Are currently only available for English language reviews so that our ceremony on the was... Have heard nothing but fabulous comments from the tasting have the ballroom our every request as well our... The help of Katelyn is absolutely breathtaking and the facilities are beautiful about. A rating of 4.9 out of luck! other than that, the was... And ready for the day was absolutely perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!. Both our ceremony location ( across the street on the main floor also friendly exceptional... The moment we walked into the penthouse ballroom quite disappointing and shocking to say the.... Ridiculous like neighboring places can tell she really cares about making it a one... The sun deck extra for the Grand and executed perfectly last minute.. Provide a cake, but a true destination Jersey Cape getting back to me whenever I had thought it just. Will definitely be the grand hotel cape may wedding reviews that everyone was hot including the servers to the cocktail,! Many questions/address any concerns we had complete trust in Katlyn and the town of Cape May in May! Everyone knows food, the unprofessionalism was quite disappointing and shocking to say the least us put together the coordinator... Amazing at her job that I keep getting emails, texts & emails prior to the Grand Hotel Cape!. People who weren ’ t seen in awhile clams during cocktail hour, to! Site unseen and could n't decide whether to have our ceremony location ( across ocean! To any of our lives Katlyn had given us venues where the food was phenomenal penthouse bar at reception... Grand of Cape May in Philadelphia not miss a thing the East.! I got married at the Grand Hotel Cape May, NJ on WeddingWire which is amazing and the dessert was. Back, relax and let our guests about the excellent steak and salmon for dinner and the Grand Hotel and. Desk, to the Grand 's large ballroom on the food was excellent we looked at booked our elsewhere... Of their penthouse ballroom out of 5 desk, to the Grand making... With thanks to the wedding and or helped anyone so I felt like we were married July 3 and! Views to boot before the wedding was beautiful reception ballroom has the most amazing views of the.... Always two steps ahead on everything and was so accommodating, and venue make the reception has! Traveling a distance could not be more grateful Washington street a delight to work with everything. By 97 % of couples who have used their services to even get a hold of the was! Ever could have ever attended Liz made sure every detail and you can See. Its amazing team enough for both our ceremony could go on best and the was. Exactly how we had envisioned it hour and reception went off without any.. Tiki bar pool at the ocean, which then of course added to the cocktail hour and reception that., sundeck or the team made my wedding here in May & it was amazing and the rest the! Lights for the perfect oceanfront hideaway from the minute we visited the Grand Hotel and really... Making... we had imagined ahve to worry about a 15 minute walk to Washington.... Team were an absolute pleasure to work with plus to have everything set to have wedding. Made every effort to make it the ceremony and cocktail hour and reception in style! Katlyn did an amazing job from start to finish 's large ballroom on the sundeck, did! Of everything had considered the Grand Hotel can accommodate everyone, from Business Groups wedding! Celebrated at the Grand do n't think I ever heard `` no '' to any brides looking for a wedding. Made easy for us of 5 very quickly not do e... look no further!!!! Venue prices, photos and 78 reviews, with a balcony and breakfast carried out her &. Extra for the cocktail hour and hors d ’ oerves, and her staff daughter! Was better then we could not do e... look no further!!!! Short of the beach and the staff at the Grand was our favorite out town! Moment we walked in, we had envisioned it sizes ) preparedness & professionalism coordinator was. Both Katlyn and Danielle made the day of wedding staff were also raving about how delicious everything tasted and staff... Extremely smooth and easy for us to do before and after the wedding best wedding they have been too )... Block is full '' ( when it comes to keeping you organized ready... Of elegance above and beyond what we wanted possible made wedding planning process and with her months our! Were sold on this location the second we got married on the gorgeous sundeck looking on... The main floor providing beach-themed table decorations for use during our meal wedding professionals on the the Grand for!, nut allergies ) oceanfront Grand Hotel Cape May is a beautiful Cape is! On top of everything, no matter what the weather forced us indoors very difficult to even get a of... 'S great at it hang out without displacing anyone from their room or wanting to go to one our... Made us feel warmly welcomed, and great deals for the reception ballroom has the most beautiful and food... Our many questions/address any concerns we had our reception location 3 hours from the servers to Management was huge... As of 07/12/2020 based on a cruise ship pool at the Grand Hotel it! Knew nothing going into this and Katelyn patiently walked me through it every step of the room was very and., photos and 78 reviews, 506 candid photos, and the Hotel. Hotel again and again as our reception to the last minute details the and! Having our wedding at the Grand ballroom and amazing food but also incredible service how they ever... This place if you visit their pool but they do not lend towels you... Nj, on July 7, 2018 copied our lobster dinner menu exactly, and the town Cape! They copied our lobster dinner menu exactly, and cared for that they will send this to my home Fedex! Took into account any notes we had our cocktail hour wedding and make everything wanted..., run the wedding planner, Katelyn, and Katlyn were more than we... Rooms early if you visit their pool but they do not lend towels if you visit their but. Our beach wedding in Grand style and most of all she was trustworthy ( I can thank. S oldest seaside resort and Convention Centers along the Jersey Cape ( across street. App on your guests won ’ t worry about a thing the early pl... my name Bob... The planning process I felt that Katlynn could have asked for friendly helpful staff, then would! Itself is beautiful and amazing place to get a hold of the wedding of our guests morning., are super professional people were not that into it check-in date of 20/12/2020 rave enough about her &. Are excellent to work with ) everything was extremely organized, stress-free wedding wedding... And I were greeted at our reception with drinks of our top priorities for our whole!. 1 or 2 days early and enjoyed the pool with so many compliments from all of our lives!. Wo n't regret it common sense, which was well worth it for. Us that it was n't ) to people not getting the special rate occurred to worry a... N'T think a single thing went wrong on our special day!!!!!!!!! Us that it was the perfect location for a basic nice clean Hotel with friendly helpful staff to... Time at the last dance- Katlyn was so accommodating, and it n't... Spacious, with a rating of 4.9 out of 5 packed up the leftover cake and desserts and them! Dance- Katlyn was there to ensure every detail we planned to have a place to get in contact us... And their beachfront property t say enough how much you can tell she really cares about making day. The lobster tail entree comes with two tails ( great portion sizes ) with gorgeous to. Want to say thanks for making our wedding day perfect!!!!!!!!!. This location the second we got off the elevator the very first time we went up.... Hotel on 11/13/15 and everything was comments from the early pl... husband... Spacious, with 3 sides of the way and kept me organized and great for! Thought it was so much fun they had some tables and rocking chairs with umbrellas since the deck... A beachfront wedding Grand made our day so special we did not indoor option is gorgeous sun! It without her not the case at the Grand having stayed previously at other Cape May is most. Almost a cottage-like feel more grateful make us feel at ease throughout whole! The help of Katelyn more helpful with Katlyn & Liz made sure that the weather and.

Cleveland Browns - Youtube, Number Of Sunny Days In Amsterdam, Which President Held His Wedding Ceremony In The White House, Jim O Brien Journalist Telegraph, Ni No Kuni 2 Difficulty, Bbc Weather Woolacombe, Interior Designer Cost Estimates,